Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So... this is blogging

I have developed a recent fascination with blogging. Not necessarily doing them... but reading them.

It started when I discovered Sarah B's site. Sarah is the younger sister of my friend Bekki (or Bek, Rebekah, BekaKay... she has many names. I suspect it's because she is running from the law (kidding) ) and I loved to read her updates and see pictures of her family. (I even got to see the first pictures of Bek's newest addition to the clan - Adah- because of Sarah's blog.) She blogged about the daily going-ons of life and made everything sound so interesting. I loved it and instantly book-marked it in my internet favorites. She had links on the side of hers which led me to one called "Bring the Rain". You have to check out this blog. A true testimony in love for family and love for Christ. I book-marked it too. Then a friend from college, Maria, posted on her myspace that she started a blog called "When in Rome". Again... loved it. She blogs about getting married, her travels, her experiences, favorite things. Bookmark? Check!

Then Bek started blogging. She barely had the first post and I bookmarked it. She told us all in an email that she hoped it wasn't too boring. First of all, Bek could never be boring. I've known her since she was three and there is not one time of the last 30+ years that I would ever use that word to describe her! :) I love it. I actually check it every morning now to see if there's an update. It's a quick glimpse into my friend's life that I don't get to see enough or talk to enough. Being in the "know", makes me feel like I'm closer to SE Iowa and to Bek, which I love.

So anywho... here I am. Attempting to become a blogger. I thought about what to name it and I've decided to call it "Molly's Moments.... Life, Love, and the Pursuit of my Skinny Jeans." I used to joke that Heaven has soap operas and my was called "Molly's Moments" . When the Angels wanted good humor or good drama, they could always tune into Molly's Moments. Well, I've lost my affection for drama, but.... I still love life. I still pursue love. And I still pursue those Skinny Jeans that I wore when we joked about Heaven's Soap Operas.

I hope people that read it like my blog for all the same reasons I like reading others. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I just found your blog! Yay! I'm going to bookmark you now. :-)