Hello 2009!
One of the things I love about a new year is making a list of my New Year's Resolutions/ Intentions. I have been thinking about what my 2009 list will consist of this year. Last year, it was rather lengthy. This year I was looking at everything I want to accomplish and it all boils down to one thing ~ RESPECT.
I am going to start by having more respect for myself. This means treating my own body, mind, and soul with a higher regard. I always vow to lose more weight every NYE. This year... I want to treat my body with more respect by eating healthier and incorporating exercise into my weekly schedule. I believe if I do that, the pounds will melt away and the skinny jeans will be mine again. I want to treat my mind with more respect. Facing fears, conquering self-defeating thoughts, and striving to grow in ways I never have before ~ all fall in this category. My spirit ~ could mean my sprirituality or just taking care of Molly. Following God's word more closely and losing relationships which are toxic in their nature ~ all good things for 2009.
I want to treat my family and friends with more respect. I have been so consumed with areas of my life in 2008, I have missed opportunities to spend time with friends. I have been rude, spiteful, or disrespectful to members of my family. I'm not proud of it. It stops now.
I want to treat my finances with more respect. In todays economy, everyone needs to tighten their belt ~ myself included. It starts now.
I also want to treat my environment with more respect. I've never been very "green". I think there are several ways that I can show respect to Mother Earth.
Those are just some of the ways in which I am hoping to incorporate RESPECT into 2009! :)
What are your resolutions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Molly, I tagged you on my blog. :-)
Post a Comment